Robert Dey owned the largest department store in Syraucse (Dey's); Mary Dey was founder of Memorial Hospital. Their home was completed in the 1890's. This picture was taken in the early 1960's, just before the house was torn down.
Today this site is a vacant space between the Corinthian Club at 930 James and the Farmers and Traders Life building at 960 James. The home was probably near the line of evergreen trees on the left.